Subject to the Benefit Limits and within the first ninety (90) days of the date of purchase, Purchase Security* will, at the Benefit Administrator’s discretion, replace, repair, or fully reimburse you for the amount debited from your Visa card for eligible items of personal property purchased with the Visa card in the event of theft, or damage caused by the Eligible Events.
*Certain terms and conditions apply. For general questions regarding the benefit, call 1-800-553-4820 or view Terms & Conditions.
To be eligible for this benefit, you must be a cardholder of an eligible U.5.-issued Visa card. Only purchases made by the eligible cardholder will be covered.
Your eligible purchases are protected against damage due to the following Eligible Events:
• Fire, smoke, lightning, explosion, riot, or vandalism.
• Windstorm, hail, rain, sleet, or snow.
• Aircraft, spacecraft, or other vehicles.
• Theft (except from autos or motorized vehicles).
• Accidental discharge of water or steam from household plumbing.
• Sudden accidental damage from electric current. (This benefit does not apply to electronic components.)
Each claim is subject to the maximum of the amount debited from the card or five hundred dollars ($500.00), whichever is lower. The maximum benefits payable per calendar year is one thousand dollars ($1,000.00). Purchase Security is supplemental to, and excess of, any valid and collectible insurance and reimbursement from any other source.
What items are not covered?